FAQ


Q. What is DAY OF GIVING?

DAY OF GIVING is an annual fundraising event supporting the ministry of Traders Point Christian Schools. On this day, your gift is combined with the gifts of others to achieve the greatest impact. Our teachers, programs, and facilities are all made possible by the overwhelming generosity of you, our generous donors.  


Q. When is DAY OF GIVING?

DAY OF GIVING at TPCS is on Tuesday, October 27, 2020, from midnight to 11:59 PM.


Q. How will my gift be used?

Gifts to DAY OF GIVING are unrestricted and support our Annual Fund. Tuition only covers 75% of the cost of educating our children while the other 25% is provided by your generosity to our Annual Fund. This is why our Day of Giving is so important. On this day your gifts are combined with the gifts of others to make the greatest impact. Our teachers, program initiatives, and facilities are all made possible by your willingness to give. We are so grateful for you! 

As a result of COVID 19, we have seen a substantial increase in expenses and a decrease in enrollment revenue totaling over $700,000. Our parents have supported our efforts to ensure the safety of our students and staff through our Covid Support Fund which has offset nearly $120,000 of that additional strain. However, the remaining shortfall means this year’s Annual Fund need is greater than ever before. 
   

Q. Who can participate?

Anyone can participate in the event! We rely on the generosity of our parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members to further our mission of challenging and educating students within the framework of a biblical worldview while leading them to a personal faith and transformed life in Jesus Christ.  


Q. Can I make donations via a mobile device?

Yes! Simply visit dayofgiving.tpcs.org on your mobile device.


Q. What is GiveGab?

GiveGab is a nonprofit giving platform that helps nonprofits raise money, engage donors, and manage volunteers quickly and efficiently. GiveGab offers a full portfolio of simple and easy to use products that allow organizations to function in a more streamlined manner.


Q. How much of my donation goes to Traders Point Christian Schools?

GiveGab retains a 3.2% campaign management fee from all donations. Credit Card processing fees are an additional 2.5% + $0.30 for all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). You are given the option to cover the fees and if you choose this option, 100% of your online charitable gift will go to TPCS. All donations are final and cannot be refunded. Any donations processed outside of the DAY OF GIVING event through GiveGab.com, or subsequent recurring donations are subject to transaction fees outlined on the GiveGab.com pricing page: http://info.givegab.com/pricing.


Q. Do I need to create an account with GiveGab?

No. You do not need to create an account to make a donation. The benefits of creating an account include having your tax receipts collected in one location, being able to track your donations, follow the charities you support, and engage in future volunteering and donations. Your tax receipt is emailed immediately upon processing your donation. To claim a donation as a deduction on U.S. taxes, you should retain the donation receipt as an official record.